Have access to PMeld?
Not Draining, Slow Drain, Bad Smell, Won’t Clean, Weird noise
Are your CGFI outlets or lights not working? This video shows you how to how to reset your GFCI outlets and circuit breaker if your electrical outlet is not working.
How to clean air return vents
Leaking water on floor
How to fix a leaking frig / How to find the model number
Water not coming out of faucet – clean aerator
Fixing a clogged drain
How do I locate and turn off water at the main valve
How do turn off the water supply to the toilet
Please try this first and give us a call back if these tips do not help.
Here is a video on how to manually open the garage door so that you are not stuck in the garage. Use this if you have no power to the house or the garage motor is not working.
- Empire does not accept multiple requests on one request. Each request must be separate.
- Empire does not fix any cosmetic issues unless the owner approves. Any work order deemed cosmetic will be denied and sent to the owner for approval. items that are considered cosmetic in nature with no impact on the functionality or use of the home; and
- Items the landlord will not repair – conditions caused by tenant, occupant or guest. Damage to doors, garage doors, windows and screens, damage from windows or doors left open. Damage from wastewater stoppages caused by foreign or improper objects.
- Resident is fully charged if issue was caused by resident or their guests – this includes not changing out air filters for AC
- Resident is responsible for changing out their own light bulbs and batteries for smoke detectors.
- Resident is responsible for changing out air filters.
- Vendors are not allowed to access property if only minors at the property.
- Empire will enter properties on a case by case basis if they are not home and we get approval in writing. Resident is charged a trip charge if Empire representative has to go to the home to let a vendor in.
- Resident is charged a trip charge if they scheduled with the vendor but did not show.
- Empire will perform a duty to solve the maintenance request within 7 days.
- Past Due Rent. Empire does not repair any maintenance items when a resident has past due rent. Except if the repair can cause more damage to the home or materially affects the health and safety of an ordinary resident. By law the landlord does no have to fix any repair even if it is an emergency. By policy, Empire will fix an emergency or any work order that can cause more damage to the home. Empire will hold the work order open for 5 days. If resident does not make payment Empire will close after 5 days.
- Tenant may not repair an item without landlord permission
The landlord is not responsible for putting you up in a hotel. If your AC goes out, it is not the landlords responsibility to put you up on a hotel. This should be a claim with your tenants insurance or you can contact Empire and ask about our portable air solution and we can connect you with a vendor who can supply portable air.
- AC out > 85 degrees or heat out < 40 degrees
- Hot water heater
- Sewage backup
- Leak from ceiling
- Water leak causing rising water
- Smoke detectors not working
- Building code violations
- Appliance outage is NOT an emergency (including fridge)
- Roof leak from rain is NOT an emergency
- Water leak under a sink is NOT an emergency
- Toilet backed up but more than one toilet in house is NOT an emergency
For emergencies during business hours please enter a request online and follow up with a phone call to our maintenance department.
If the landlord does not fix a maintenance emergency the tenant can have the condition repaired and deduct the cost from rent payments. The deduction may not exceed the amount of one months rent or $500 whichever is greater. If the condition materially affects the health and safety of an ordinary tenant and the owner is not making an effort to solve the condition, the tenant can terminate the lease.